In implementing our vision, women leaders enabling women leaders, CEW provides female managers two career development opportunities:
CEW Connect is the alumni community of CEW Leaders Program graduates and CEW Scholars, a diverse network of high performing women. CEW Connect members have exclusive access to a calendar of events including panel discussions, thought leadership and networking events with CEW Members. This community fosters strong connections and provides learning and development opportunities to support women through their careers.
The learning recommended for Organisation Leaders depends on the gender diversity maturity of the organisation.
The options CEW offers works on the premise that it starts with the top leadership team sharing responsibility to lead diversity and inclusion and supporting each other to do so. It seeks to shift mindsets on how you lead and role model diversity and inclusion through engaging conversations. It then becomes everyone’s responsibility to step up and be involved. Every one of us plays an important role.
Low maturity: For organisations facing challenges in attaining gender equity, the Building Gender Diversity program is recommended. It comprises:
- A Diagnostic Tool providing valuable analysis of the ELT’s strengths and areas for improvement. The tool is an on-line self-assessment across the four areas of the Your Leadership Shadow Model: what I say, how I act, what I prioritise and how I measure
- Analysis of quantitative data and policies
- Employee interviews
- A two-hour ELT conversation with CEW members to discuss recommendations for next steps and actions needed at both a personal and organisational level
- CEW follow-up (6 – 9 months post the conversation) to review progress
Medium maturity: For organisations that have taken some action but need assistance in taking the next steps to progress gender equity, the Progressing Gender Diversity program is recommended. It comprises:
- A Diagnostic Tool (an on-line self-assessment across the four areas of the Your Leadership Shadow Model) providing valuable analysis of the strengths and areas for improvement of the ELT
- A two-hour ELT conversation, with CEW members to discuss recommendations for next steps and actions needed
High maturity: For organisations that understand the business case but need to boost their action planning, the ELT Leadership Shadow Workshop is recommended.
The ELT Leadership Shadow Workshop for the CEO and Executive Leadership Team (ELT), culminates in individual actions for the top leaders to drive the change required to achieve gender diversity goals.
The Leadership Shadow Workshop
For all organisations it is essential gender diversity is supported by leaders at senior and middle management. It is recommended these leaders participate in the Leadership Shadow Workshop (customised to the needs of the organisation). This workshop requires all leaders to examine the shadow they cast and develop individual action plans to champion gender diversity.