Director, Group Strategy
Pauline Blight-Johnston is Director, Group Strategy at Challenger where she is responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing strategic growth opportunities for the Challenger group.
During a career spanning more than 25 years, Pauline has held a number of senior executive and leadership roles in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Challenger in 2017, Pauline was Group Executive, Insurance, Superannuation and Risk Management at AMP. Prior to that she served as Managing Director, Australia and New Zealand at RGA, and Chief Financial Officer & Chief Actuary at Asteron Life. Pauline has also held executive roles with Tillinghast (consulting actuary) and Morgan Stanley (investment banker).
An active industry participant and leader, throughout her career Pauline has held the following appointments:
- Director of the Financial Services Council
- Director of the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Member of Council of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Chairman of Council, MLC School Sydney
- Managing Director of AMP Life Limited and the National Mutual Life Association of Australasia Limited
- Managing Director of RGA Reinsurance Company of Australia Limited
- Director of RGA Reinsurance Company of South Africa