2022 Applications Closed
Public Sector organisations are increasingly focused on developing women leaders, but a significant gender gap still exists at the senior executive level.
CEW supports women leaders in all areas of business including the public sector. Applicants can choose the course they believe best suits their learning needs and help progress their careers.
Inclusions and obligations
- CEW will cover the full cost of tuition fees (and a travel allowance if required) for the duration of the course, up to a total of AU$25,000
- Applicants will be asked to select a course and meet that institution’s eligibility criteria
- Applicants must choose a course that completes within 18 months from October 2022
- The recipient will be required to write a report about her scholarship experience and may be asked to speak at CEW events
- On completion of the course, the recipient will become a member of the CEW alumni community, CEW Connect
Who should apply?
We are seeking women with diverse public sector experience and who aspire to senior leadership. To be eligible to apply, you must meet the minimum selection criteria:
- Mid-level to senior managers (no more than 4 levels down from the head of the government department, agency, or organisation)
- 5 or more years demonstrated experience across professional expertise areas (e.g., Service Delivery, Project Management, Policy and Program Development or Regulatory Environment) or across key public sector portfolios
- Established as a leader within the public sector
- Financial management experience and a strong understanding of the budget process
- Demonstrated knowledge of public sector governance
- Australian citizen or resident