APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Leaders of the world’s top companies know that building a successful enterprise is just the beginning; sustained success requires continual reinvention. In partnership with Austrade, CEW is pleased, therefore, to offer a scholarship to a leading Australian business woman working in an organisation involved in exporting, to attend the Disruptive Innovation program at Harvard Business School in Boston, Massachusetts in July 2017.
About the program
With a focus on driving growth through innovation, the program, Disruptive Innovation: Strategies for a Successful Enterprise, provides practical tools and frameworks for building business capabilities that can succeed across business cycles and waves of competition. In the program’s dynamic and stimulating environment, you’ll take a hard look at some of the world’s most successful disruptors and discern why their strategies succeeded when others did not. You will also hone your ability to predict how industries, technologies, and competitive forces will affect your organisation. For more information on the program, visit Harvard Business School.
10–15 July 2017
Inclusions and obligations
The scholarship includes course fees, return economy class flights, accommodation, and most meals. Applicants must commit to attending the course on the dates specified. The successful applicants must provide a report about their scholarship experience, and may also be required to speak at CEW and/or Austrade events, including attending the Australian Export Award national ceremony anticipated to be held on Thursday 30 November 2017 (date TBC).
Who should apply?
CEW invites Australian women who are working in the senior to mid-level executive management team, or equivalent, at organisations engaged in exporting as a core function of their business* to apply for this scholarship. To be eligible you must meet the minimum selection criteria:
- Senior to mid-level executive (i.e. Head of the organisation to 4 levels down from the head of the organisation)
- 10 or more years professional business experience
- 5 or more years overall experience managing teams of 5 or more people, including managers
- 2 or more years general management experience (i.e. business unit, line or functional management incorporating key responsibilities such as P&L management, strategic planning and personnel performance management)
- Australian citizen or resident
- Currently in a role with an international focus
- Must not work for a government agency or government-owned agency (businesses that receive funding from government are eligible)
- Must not be an employee from a sponsor or co-presenter organisation of the Australian Export Awards
- Must not be an employee from an organisation responsible for delivering state and territory export award programs
*Note, the applicant must also work in an organisation that meets the following criteria:
- Holds a current ABN
- Is engaged in international business activities and sees exporting as a core function of their business
- Must be delivering net economic or social returns to the Australian economy, through an inwards monetary flow or through other commercial or non-commercial advantages
- The product or service the organisation exports or delivers overseas must include significant Australian content or value-add. This may include:
- goods made in Australia from Australian primary products
- goods made overseas, mainly using Australian primary products
- goods made in Australia from Australian and imported components
- goods elaborately transformed in Australia
- goods made overseas using substantial Australian value-add, intellectual property (IP) or know-how, including design
- services delivered in Australia to foreign individuals or entities
- services delivered overseas using substantial Australian value-add, IP or know-how
- Must demonstrate a net return to Australia in terms of profit repatriation, creation of employment in Australia or support for industry development
If you require further clarification on the criteria for your organisation, please contact Hayley Wheatley at Austrade ([email protected])
Applications OPEN 18 January 2017 and CLOSE 19 March 2017