Despite more than two decades of globalisation, differences between countries and their markets is still a major stumbling block for executives venturing abroad. CEW is pleased, therefore, to offer a scholarship for a senior woman leader to attend the International Management in Asia Pacific (IMAP) program at INSEAD, Singapore in 2017.
About the program
IMAP is the leading senior-level strategic management program focusing on Asia. It’s designed to help experienced managers beat the ‘liability of foreignness’ – and gain the edge on the competition. The program will recharge participants’ strategic management skills, challenge their thinking and help them gain a holistic perspective of business operations across multiple Asian countries. They will also acquire a better understanding of how to devise and implement competitive strategies for growing or expanding their businesses in the region. For more information about the program, please visit INSEAD.
Inclusions and obligations
The scholarship includes course fees, economy class flights, accommodation, and most meals. Applicants must commit to attending the course on the dates specified. Each successful applicant must provide a report about her scholarship experience upon her return, and may also be required to speak at CEW events.
Who should apply?
We are seeking women from the public or private sector who are currently working at the senior executive management level. Candidates should have international experience, including at least one long-term stint as a manager in a foreign country, and have responsibility for driving forward the business of their organisation in Asia. To be eligible, you must meet the minimum selection criteria:
- Senior executive (i.e. 1- 3 levels down from CEO)
- 8 or more years experience managing teams of 5 or more people, including managers
- 5 or more years general management experience (i.e. business unit, line or functional management incorporating key responsibilities such as P&L management, strategic planning, and personnel performance management)
- Have spent a minimum of 18 months residing overseas (any country), in a management capacity
- Currently in a management role living in Asia, OR in a role based in Australia but with Asia region management responsibilities
- Australian citizen or resident
Applications OPEN 31 May, 2017 and CLOSE 16 July, 2017