WORK WITH US
As women leaders enabling women leaders, CEW’s 1000+ Members hold leading roles in Australia’s largest public and private organisations. They oversee more than 1.3 million employees and $749 billion in revenue. Members have a combined market capitalisation greater than $1.44 trillion and contribute in excess of $249 billion to Australia’s GDP.
Since 1985 CEW has influenced and engaged all levels of Australian business and government to achieve gender balance. Through advocacy, research, targeted programs and scholarships, CEW helps to remove the barriers to women’s progression and ensure equal opportunity for prosperity. CEW’s members work actively to realise our vision of a community where women and men have equal economic and social choices and responsibilities
CEW is a not-for-profit organisation.
About the Role – Key Responsibilities
The Manager, Business Development is tasked with developing and implementing tactical plans for CEW’s portfolio of programs and services to meet strategic KPI’s and deliver growth and sustainability in line with our mission to enable more women leaders. This will require an in-depth knowledge of the CEW customer profile, programs and services, and value proposition. The Manager will champion CEW programs and services with industry, organisations, and our member and alumni community.
This role requires an experienced executive, with the ability to act tactically on well-developed knowledge of CEW’s partners and program offering. The Manager will demonstrate solid experience in:
- Identifying and pursuing business development opportunities
- Maintaining and building client and partner relationships
- Developing and executing sales strategies, particularly B2B
- Developing business proposals, negotiating contracts, closing deals and stewarding delivery of agreements
- Conducting Market Research and Analysis
- Collaborating closely with other CEW team members
- Providing regular reports and updates
This is a ‘hands-on’ role with an initial focus in FY24 to deliver core KPI’s across the Leadership Development (CEW Leaders Program and CEW Executive Leaders Program), and Sponsorship portfolios. The specific KPIs will be discussed with candidates during recruitment and include requirements for Program enrolments, and sponsor acquisition, renewal and stewardship. CEW has existing relationships and an active database of partners and clients from which to build success.
Beyond FY24 delivery of program and sponsorship KPI’s will remain central to the role; however working with the Executive Team, CEW members and Committees, the Manager will also play a pivotal role in the design and execution of an integrated Business Development Strategy.
Personal Attributes & Experience
- Degree in Business Development/Economics or Finance/Marketing or similar
- Minimum of six (6) plus years’ business development experience. Exposure to NFP environments desirable
- Experience working to and exceeding targets for client income, sponsorship revenue and pro bono income
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding stakeholder relationship engagement and management skills
- Exper ience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Problem Solving Skills: A proactive self-starter with energy, drive, and a hands-on work ethic
- Accomplished in prospecting, stewarding and converting opportunities, regular reporting and use of data and systems including Salesforce to track create campaigns and monitor progress. IT proficiency in Office suite including Sharepoint, and Monday.com preferred
- A strong, positive team player displaying resilience, high achievement and responsibility.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team as well as self-motivate.
- Project Management Skills: Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and strong numeracy/analytical capabilities.
- Strongly aligned with CEW’s values, style, and culture
View the full position description here.
This role helps shape, facilitate and implement CEW’s thought leadership research on diverse women in leadership in ASX300 and similar size organisations.
It oversees the strategic project ‘Stories behind the Census’ which seeks insights into the success of women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in management. The research seeks to inform organisations about the enablers of success, as well as inform and educate stakeholders on the impact of intersectionality and actions to overcome barriers.
The role delivers the project, working with the contracted research partner to collect, analyse and report the research, and with CEW stakeholders including members and partners to disseminate learning and promote findings.
This role requires high levels of collaboration with team members to implement impactful, integrated activity that creates action toward CEW’s strategic outcomes. It requires demonstrated ability in research, thought leadership, and communications, and well-developed project management skills.
- Project: Working with the Director, CEW team and the Policy and Engagement Committee:
- Create and implement a project plan to deliver the research by end of June 2022
- Liaise with partners in research, facilitating CEW member connections, introductions to organisations and collection of the research.
- Coordinate with the Policy and Engagement Committee and representatives, establish a reference group and facilitate meetings to inform the research.
- Together with CEW Communication and Marketing team, and Member Engagement Manager, plan the research launch to deliver high impact activities that inform members and key CEW stakeholders about the research.
- help manage CEW member input, in particular Policy Engagement Committee and Board input and sensitively integrate it into the research and approach
- Build relationships with key partners to help support the outcomes of the project in a timely and efficient manner
- Create productive working relationships with CEW team and CEO, including sharing knowledge about the project and seeking input on launch and education approach.
- Project plan to execute and deliver the project by June 2023
- Budget management
- Launch activities to disseminate and embed findings.
- Natural collaborator and relationship builder
- Experienced thought leadership practitioner with exemplary project management skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute strategically and implement tactically with a solutions orientation
- Hands on, energetic team player, equally comfortable taking personal responsibility for work and/or working independently. Able to work with a small team.
- Exceptional plain English communicator with the capacity to create compelling content
- Launch of marketing leading research in June/July 2023, on budget and on time
- Positive feedback from Director, CEO, CEW team, partners and CEW members
View the full position description here.