How do the most successful innovators generate more than their fair share of smart ideas? How do they unleash the creative talent of their people? How do they move ideas through their organisations and supply chains that are not only creative but fast to market? The answers to these key questions form the core of a program for business leaders and entrepreneurs who are determined to position their companies for future growth.
CEW is pleased to offer two full scholarships to senior executives to participate in Driving Strategic Innovation at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in September 2018.
About the program
Driving Strategic Innovation (DSI) changes the way business leaders think about innovation and technology strategy, and gives them a deeper, richer and more comprehensive roadmap for executing change. Participants leave the program knowing how to influence corporate culture, alter the way an organisation responds to the challenge of innovation – and knowing how to strengthen relationships with partners along the value chain. You become more effective as an innovator. The program knits together innovation, marketing and product development, business-model opportunities, value-chain design, project execution and talent management in an end-to-end roadmap for achieving breakthrough performance. This joint program between MIT Sloan and IMD brings together the latest technology research from MIT Sloan and the latest leadership knowledge from IMD. It provides participants with an unparalleled opportunity to learn how to manage innovation within their organisations. For more information about the program visit MIT Sloan.
16 – 21 September 2018
Inclusions and obligations
The scholarships include course fees, return economy class flights, accommodation and most meals. Applicants must commit to attend the course on the dates specified. Upon return, the successful applicants must each provide a report about their scholarship experience, and may also be required to speak at CEW events.
Who should apply?
Driving Strategic Innovation is for senior executives and entrepreneurs who craft innovation strategies and put them into action. CEW invites Australian women who are working in the senior executive management team, or equivalent, to apply for this scholarship. To be eligible, you must meet the minimum selection criteria as follows:
- Senior executive (i.e. Global or Regional lead, CEO, or no more than 3 levels down from CEO)
- 6 or more years overall experience managing teams of 5 or more people, including managers
- 5 or more years general management experience (ie. business unit, line or functional management incorporating key responsibilities such as P&L/Budget management, strategic planning and personnel people leadership)
- Australian citizen or resident
- Have significant input on the technology and/or innovation strategy of their organisation or business unit/department
- Have an influential role in innovative activities, being able to look up and down the value chain to identify promising strategic opportunities
Business leaders who will take away the greatest value from this program:
- R&D directors
- Other senior executives and entrepreneurs who are responsible for technology, R&D, and supply-chain strategy, especially where coordinated technology development issues are essential
- Senior executives responsible for innovation or new business development
Applications OPEN 28 March 2018 and CLOSE 14 May 2018