Public sector organisations are increasingly focused on developing women leaders. But a significant gender gap still exists at the senior executive level.
CEW supports women leaders wherever they work. That’s why we’re offering scholarships to help women in the public sector build leadership skills and progress their career. Candidates can choose the course they believe best suits their learning needs.
Inclusions and obligations
- CEW will cover the full cost of tuition fees for the duration of the course.
- The course can cost between AU$5000 to AU$35,000 (there is scope for partial funding if the course cost is over AU$35,000).
- It is up to the candidate to select a course and meet that institution’s eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must choose a course that starts after September 2021.
- The course must not exceed 36 months.
- The successful candidate must write a report about her scholarship experience and may be asked to speak at CEW events.
Who should apply?
We are seeking women with diverse public sector experience and who aspire to senior leadership. To be eligible to apply, you must meet the minimum selection criteria:
- Mid-level to senior managers (No more than 4 levels down from the head of the government department, agency or organisation)
- Demonstrated experience across professional expertise areas (e.g. Service Delivery, Project Management, Policy and Programme Development or Regulatory Environment) or across key public sector portfolios
- Established as a leader within the public sector
- Financial management experience and a strong understanding of the budget process
- Demonstrated knowledge of public sector governance
- Australian citizen or resident
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 28 JUNE 2021