ARA WOMEN LEADERS
IN RETAIL SCHOLARSHIP
Applications open 23 March 2023
Applications close 18 June 2023
A scholarship for women working in retail
CEW has partnered with the Australian Retailers Association to offer one Australian woman working in retail an incredible opportunity to study a leadership course at the Harvard Business School in Boston, USA.
About the scholarship
The ARA Women Leaders in Retail CEW Scholarship is open to one mid to senior level woman working in the retail sector specifically, who has held their current senior managerial roles for at least five years.
The successful candidate will win a place at Harvard Business School
Inclusions and obligations
- The successful candidate must undertake a course at Harvard Business School
- The successful candidate must commit to attend the whole course.
- The successful candidate is required to write a report about her scholarship experience and may be asked to speak at CEW events.
- On completion of the course, the successful candidate will become a member of the CEW alumni community, CEW Connect.
- The successful candidate must complete the course within 18 months of award
Who should apply?
- Applicants must work in the retail sector and their organisation be an ARA member
- Mid to senior executive (CEO, or no more than 3 levels down from CEO)
- 5 or more years general management experience (i.e., business unit, line or functional management incorporating key responsibilities such as P&L management, strategic planning, and people leadership)
- Endorsement from senior management or the Board of her organisation
- Applicants must attend the prescribed Women’s Leadership Forum Harvard Business School course
- Australian citizen or permanent resident