APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
CEW is offering a scholarship for a senior woman leader to attend the Authentic Leadership Development program at Harvard Business School in Boston, Massachusetts in 2017. One of the most prestigious business schools in the world, HBS has a singular mission: to educate leaders who make a difference in the world.
About the program
Today’s best leaders are authentic leaders – people whose inner compass guides their daily actions and enables them to earn the trust of their subordinates, peers, and shareholders. In this program, you’ll uncover the unique characteristics that comprise your authentic leadership – enabling you to become the type of leader you most admire. During this intensive 5-day program, HBS professors and top leadership experts will guide you through a profoundly personal exploration, during which you’ll design a leadership approach driven by your most deeply held values. For more information on the program, visit Harvard Business School.
30 July – 4 August 2017
Inclusions and obligations
The scholarships include course fees, return economy class flights, accommodation, and most meals. Applicants must commit to attending the course on the dates specified. The successful applicant must provide a report about their scholarship experience, and may also be required to speak at CEW events.
Who should apply?
We are seeking senior executive women at large established companies who are looking to become more effective leaders and take on greater leadership challenges. To be eligible to apply, you must meet the minimum selection criteria:
- Senior executive (i.e. above the Australian head or equivalent level in the organisation e.g. Global or Regional lead; CEO, or no more than 3 levels down from the CEO)
- 8 or more years experience managing teams of 5 or more people, including managers
- 5 or more years general management experience (i.e. business unit, line or functional management incorporating key responsibilities such as P&L/Budget management, strategic planning and personnel performance management)
- Australian citizen or resident
Emphasis will be placed on applicants that:
- Are strong role models for women in Australia
- Seek to take on larger leadership roles with their organisation
- Display a readiness to share with fellow participants in a deeply personal way – be willing to trust, expose your fears, offer feedback, and accept others’ inputs with an open mind
Applications OPEN 25 January 2017 and CLOSE 12 March 2017